Janet Knox, CEO of Annapolis Valley Health, was one of several industry safety leaders who shared experiences and knowledge at the Leadership Matters conference in November.
Leaders to emerge from all sectors and throughout all levels of organizations to champion and advocate safe workplaces.
• Over 100 leaders from the private and public sector attended the second Leadership Matters conference in December 2014. The conference, hosted by WCB CEO Stuart MacLean and the Honourable Kelly Regan, Minister of Labour and Advanced Education, featured a panel discussion that was facilitated by JP Deveau, CEO of Acadian Seaplants Ltd. and Rick Clarke, President of the Nova Scotia Federation of Labour, with keynote remarks provided by Kevin Pelley, President of Kohltech Windows and Entrance Systems.
• Videos featuring key points from the successful 2013 and 2014 Leadership Matters conference were created and will soon be available on the WCB website.
• Preliminary conversations are underway with the Nova Scotia Employer Roundtable to explore interest in creating a Leadership Charter. A jurisdictional scan of Canada and other international bodies was completed to determine successes with Leadership Charters in other areas.
• A jurisdictional scan of leadership toolkits was completed.
• Workplace safety metrics were included in the Greater Halifax Partnerships Index for the first time. Collaboration with GHP and the Cape Breton Partnership continues.